Tuesday 3 July 2012

Hey, remember when I used to blog?

Well, I'm giving it another try. My year long absence can be explained by the arrival of baby boy number two six months ago. We never intended to have our children a mere 19 months apart and the shock of finding myself pregnant again before my kid's first birthday knocked me for six. It was a difficult pregnancy, it felt like it went on forever. But after a delightful Christmas day labour, lovely baby Joey was born at 00:27 on Boxing day. So...now I have two of the buggers to muse over and I thought I'd share it all with you. 

Towards the end of my last foray into the blogging world, I was bemoaning my weight. And shockingly, having another baby has done nothing to help matters! Not only am I bigger than I've ever been, I've also fallen into the classic mum trap and 'let myself go'. I'm averaging one haircut every twelve months, my waxing has been shamefully lax, my wardrobe is half empty and what is in there is a minimum of three years old.

The other day, I had to get the kids to the doctors for an early morning appointment (conjunctivitis if you're interested), none of us had slept, they were both screaming and it was all I could do to get us out the door. As I ran down the road, sweating beneath my new plastic mac (purchased for this delightful summer we are having), I caught sight of myself in a shop window; no make-up, unwashed hair with roots so long they look like a reverse dip dye, JOGGING BOTTOMS. I'm not that girl, there's no way I can be that girl.

So another reason I'm revisiting this blog is to document my redevelopment. Now, unlike Victoria Beckham, when I say I'm just an average mum, it's actually true. We earn just enough money to pay for our little flat, eat and have the occasional trip to Nando's or the zoo. Sadly I will not be able to afford liposuction, a personal chef or stylist. I'm going to have to do this the old fashioned way - Weight Watchers and Legs Bums and Tums down the local leisure center. I am lucky enough to have a few friends in the beauty world, so I'll be cadging a few favours along the way too.

In a future blog I will be providing photographic evidence of my hideousness. You have been warned.

But for now, here are some goals...  
  • Ideally I'd like to lose a stone and tone up my mum tum. I'm giving myself six months which I think is reasonable
  • I go back to work in October. By then, I'd like to have sorted my hair out and refreshed my wardrobe
  • Finally, I'm thinking of trying out a 'Scouse brow' - I dunno, we'll see on that one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment